ECHOGRID will foster collaboration in Grid research and technologies by defining short, mid, and long-term vision in the field.
The project will:
– develop a collaboration roadmap that identifies common areas of interest and opportunities for collaboration on Grid technologies between the EU and China;
– consolidate this vision and promote cross-fertilisation between Grid-related projects and initiatives in Europe and China by interacting with the GRID research and industrial communities;
– exchange experiences and best practices by selecting Grid Open Standards for Grid middleware and applications interoperability and by promoting the identification of guidelines for building a Standard Quality Assurance Process;
– support lasting cooperation and establish tangible partnerships in the field through support activities and tools, ranging from a mobility programme to a dedicated partner profile database.
The project will organise a set of workshops on strategic topics defined by a group of experts open to researchers and engineers from both academia and industry to define a better view of the research and development activities both in China and Europe. The mobility programme will be set up to encourage exchange of personnel across countries and institutions.
The major outcomes are:
– 3, 5 and 10 years roadmaps developing a shared European and Chinese vision of future GRID research perspectives for both research and industrial communities. This vision will establish a clear Technological and Research Agenda on which both sides may collaborate;
– a series of conferences and workshops open to both European & Chinese participants from research, industry, government, SMEs and user communities;
– a EU-China Interoperability Grid Plugtests to test and improve interoperability mechanisms of Grid middleware;
– a collaborative Multilingual Portal for grid-related resources;
– long term collaborations between key Grid initiatives in the EU and China